Friday, October 17, 2008

A prayer for Grandma...

Grandma Kathy, I hope you enjoy this video as much as we all enjoyed sharing in this monumental experience with Bethany.

Let me explain to those of you who haven't heard the story...

My brother and his wife welcomed triplet girls into their family last April. Months leading up to their delivery Bethany prayed this prayer, "Jesus, pray for Aunt Michele's babies in her tummies" at every meal, every nap time, & every bedtime. Once the girls were born this was her prayer, "Dear Jesus, and be wif aunt Michele's babies to keep sa.f.f.fe at de hos.p.p.i.TAL, AMEN!" The babies came home, continued to grow, and are now 6 months old. Up until a week ago, we were all hearing this prayer at every meal, every nap time, and oh yes, every bedtime.

We are happy to hear a new prayer, but it just thrills us to see that she is understanding better how to pray and why we pray. She has even seen God answer our prayers, which is even more exciting!

P.S. Grandma, I know that she does not really want you to "stay far far away". She misses you A LOT! Kids' words are so sweet and yet so innocent.

2 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

How cute! Was Keagen just busting at the seems trying NOT to laugh?

I'm so glad that you got it uploaded. What a sweet little girl she is. We love her so much!!!

Landon watched it and had this to say, "Is that Beth? She's so silly!" This of course was followed by a request to watch it again and again.

Loren and Kathy said...

Bethany, thank you for praying for me while I was in training. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to read the blog until I got home, but I have no doubt that God's answer's a 3 yr. olds prayers!! I can't wait to spend more time with you!
Love,
Nana Warta