Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom Fun!!!

I can't think of a better way to spend a Holiday than with friends and family. I am so very thankful to be surrounded with loved ones who take me & my children in when Brian can't be with us. Brian pulled a 72 hr. shift over the 4th of July weekend. Most 72 hr. shifts are taxing on the kids & I; not to mention on Brian. This time we were blessed beyond measures!
The morning started out with the Annual 4th of July Children's Parade put on by Yuba City's Parks & Recreation and the Fire Department. Brian was able to join us for the tail end of the parade before hooking an emergency call. This has always been a fun way to celebrate the 4th!







I was fortunate to run into my closest friend, Kristin, who was there with her husband and 4 children.

Kristin's 6 month old twin, Sophie.

Kristin's 6 month old twin Athena.

I was so excited to see my 92 year old Great-Grandma, Freida Brugmann, & my Great Aunt Karen enjoying the festivities.



My heart was melting as I watched the kids wave goodbye to daddy that I almost did not get this shot. Brian was returning T1 to Station 1 after the parade.

The evening was spent at Tim & Casey's with 7 families from church. The kids definitely out numbered the adults. Everyone enjoyed a jump house, a slip & slide, a water balloon fight, a water balloon volley game, food & fireworks. The evening was full of fun and fellowship.












The "Big" girls, not mentioning any names, got so carried away in the jump house that the whole thing gave way. The funniest thing of all was the many camera's that went running to capture the perfect shot.




What it would be like to be 10 again!

3 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

We had a great time with you guys! So glad you could join us for sch a fun day!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Oh yeah, thanks for your help in getting out of the jump house...NOT!!! :)

Loren and Kathy said...

Great pictures! Look like everyone enjoyed the day!
Luv,
Mom