Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

Valentines Day is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it-the colors, the hearts, the treats, the mood, the parties & did I mention...all the hearts! This year was very special. Brian gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers & the novel "The Vow". So Romantic. Nana Warta blessed us with so many homemade sweets.
Hailey made my morning exceptional by surprising me with a gift she had put together from her & the kids. The card she made was heart-warming. Each gift had a special, personal message attached. I got a kick out the battery. She told me, 'Thanks for being our energizer". She blesses me richly with her creativity and thoughtfulness.
Filling Valentines with daddy.
Selling the last of our chocolate at the very last minute!
I have always desired to sew aprons for my kiddoes. We all love working with our hands in the kitchen. Every holiday is so full that I always run out of time. So, I set a high goal to finish all 4 of them by Valentines Day. After 2 late nights, I completed 3. Kelden & mommy are still working on his together. I am not much of a sewer, but I have learned so much. The project was a lot of fun and the kids expressions was even better!


Kelden's first hallow piece of chocolate. He didn't know whether to play with his dog or bite of his head. He had the whole table rolling in laughter.


Thank you Nana Warta & Aunt Casey for the yummy, yummy chocolate!

No comments: