Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 2 in San Diego...

Harbor Blvd. on the way to the San Diego Convention Center


A Steam Engine on display inside the exhibit hall.

San Diego Harbor

At least 100 of these circular pieces of art were scattered throughout the shops at Sea Port Village and San Diego Harbor. Both of these reminded me Keagan.


A Fountain in the center of Sea Port Village.
Our romantic taxi ride to dinner.


One of many chandeliers inside the Hyatt.

A rooftop view of a San Diegos skyscrapers.

The San Diego view from the 40th floor of the Hyatt.

This morning started off a bit rough. The weather was very unpredictable. Brian took off for his conference at 6:30 a.m. and will be back at 5:00 p.m. this evening. I got caught in a heavy down pour on my way to find a USB cord for my camera. There is nothing worse than walking around in wet shoes & jeans in an unfamiliar city. I met up with Brian at the exhibit hall for about an hour and then headed to Sea Port Village, a plaza that my good friend Kristen had recommended. I did A LOT of walking around San Diego Bay and Sea Port Village. The weather could not have been better! The sun was shining and there was a little breeze. I loved looking around in all the little shops.
Brian and I traveled to Joe's Crab Shack via a bicycle carriage. The view was gorgeous and the atmosphere; well, very romantic. We enjoyed a wonderful seafood dinner. After dinner we went to the 40th floor of the Hyatt to a look-out window. The view of San Diego was fabulous! Off to the southwest you could see Mexico. Before heading to the Hotel we enjoyed a long evening stroll around Sea Port Village & San Diego Harbor. The longer I am here the more places I want to explore. I will probably run out of time to see everything.

1 comment:

Matt + Ash said...

This brings back so many memories for us!! We LOVE San Diego. Ang, there are also some really nice outdoor malls to visit if you get bored, Horton Plaza is great!! If you get a chance to see Shelter Island at night, it is breathtaking. It is on the other side of the bay, but you get an amazing view of the city. Enjoy your time together guys!!
P.S. - Philipe's Grotto in Little Italy has the yummiest pizza.. it's a cute date spot, very authentic Italian. :) They also deliver!