Thursday, December 23, 2010

An early family Christmas

This year we celebrated our Christmas on the 23rd. For the first time ever, we were able to enjoy a nice breakfast, stay in our jammies and enjoy an entire day of celebrating. No planning could have prepared us for an unexpected visit to Urgent care for mom to get on a much needed antibiotic. All in all, the day was wonderful!


Oh yes, Bethany and Kelden were on antibiotics, too. After Christmas, they were both given a second dose of antibiotics which they are still finishing. Hopefully this weeks check up we will get a clean bill of health.
Thanks Keagan for cooking the eggs.
"Uh, Dad. You really got to do something about these whiskers!"
"I'll still give you a Christmas snuggle."
Christmas stockings were always my favorite. My mom would spend so much time shopping for the most unique and personal items to fill each of our stockings. She continued to fill stockings for us kids and our spouses up until about 4 years ago. There's just too many of us now, so her energy is poured into filling the stockings of 12 grandchildren. Bless you mom!




10 days before Christmas I realized that Kelden needed a stocking.
new big boy sippy cups

"Don't worry mom, I've got breakfast covered."
A much wanted 'real' doll stroller.
I think Hailey wished she was 5 again.
Just like a real life baby.
"Uh..mom...dad...the ipod nano is Great, but...I am sorry to say...it is the wrong one. I knew I should have printed a photo for you."
OOPPS!

YEAH! A new sleeping bag with my name on it.
"OH, this is SOoo WARM!"
Every boy NEEDS a civil war hat and sword.
This gator is just my size.

Brian and I took a little different approach to Christmas this year and it turned out to be so much fun.
1. Most of our shopping was done on-line.
2. Most of our shopping was done in 2 days.
3. A few gifts were homemade.
4. Holiday baking was simplified to 2 big batches of Christmas bark which was packaged the 1st week of December. It was ready to go when ever we needed to bless someone.
5. A kettle corn Christmas mix was made for all the neighbors and packaged in decorated formula canisters.
6. The Christmas letter was worked on a little at a time beginning after Halloween.
7. Yard work was ignored.
8. A handful of gifts were purchased second-hand.
9. Everyone stayed rested.
10. We said 'no' when we needed to say 'no'.
Every year is unique in its own way. I can't wait til next year!

1 comment:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of Kelden eating the popcorn off the tree...priceless!!